Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

A Farewell To CHUCK!



Okay, so I postponed my original post for today because something big is happening tonight....My FAVORITE SHOW is having its SERIES FINALE!!!

Some of you may have never heard of it & some of you may have, but have just never seen an episode. I'm here to tell you that you missed out!

In the summer of 2007, The Husband & I had just moved into our apartment and finally had a DVR that we couldn't wait to use. We kept seeing these promos for a new "dramedy" series, Chuck. It looked funny and we decided to record the pilot episode to see what it was like and ever since then we've been hooked & I've been in love!

The series has had ups and downs (not to mention that its premiere season was during the writer's strike & I was so happy to see it pull out a win unlike so many other shows).  There were so many times I remember reading that it was on the "chopping block". At the end of season 2 they even started a new campaign:
"Chuck stars Zachary Levi and Adam Baldwin Lead 400 Fans to Subway to Save Show. The Finale and Footlong campaign asks fans to BUY A $5 FOOTLONG from Subway on April 27th, the season finale of Chuck."
This show's fans have always been there to back it up!

I don't allow The Husband to delete ANY episodes until I have that season on DVD, and Yes! I do watch the DVDs as well.  I love the actual character, Chuck, which Zachary Levi plays so well.  I think a lot of it is that he's just such a goofy, nerdy, fun, loving guy and that really reminds me of my husband!    I've laughed a gazillion times & cried a few as well. I know I'm gonna ball tonight when I watch the final episodes!  So, here's a promo for tonight and one day soon when you're sitting at home trying to think of something to watch, start season one of Chuck because it's absolutely amazing and you won't regret it!  I wish everyone from the show nothing short of GREATNESS in the future & can't wait to see what journey they take next!


 ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND!

No comments:

Post a Comment