Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Evolution"HAIR"y: How my hair has changed over the course of our relationship!

This year, the HUSBAND and I will be celebrating our 10th year together!  I understand that we haven't actually been married for 10 years, but to me it's still kinda a big deal!  I'm going to be doing several posts pertaining to the "Evolution" of our relationship (ex:  tips on how to have a strong relationship {at least some things that have helped us}.)  Some posts will be just goofy ones with photos of how we've changed (fashion, hair {see below}, our design style, etc) and some may be over things that have happened in the world over the last decade.  I am excited to be doing these posts and I hope that you're excited to view them!


Today, I tackle the subject of something that has changed A LOT over the past decade....My HAIR!  Anyone who knows me, knows I get bored with it all the time.  Now that I'm trying to grow it out super long, it's harder and harder to find ways to change it up.  I like my hair blonde so this also limits me.  So, I'm gonna take you back to late 2002 when we had only been dating a short while.


2002:
 We were SO young!  Seniors in High school, goofing off during Once Upon A Mattress rehearsal.


May 2003:
A week before our high school graduation at our Baccalaureate.  (He was never a fan of the "crunchy" look, as he so sweetly put it.)


December 2003:
Our first Christmas photo taken as a couple.


June 2004:
All dressed up for his sister's wedding.


June 2005:
I think we might be even more sweet on each other now! ;)


February 2006:
Celebrating at a friend's wedding!


Okay...so I've been trying to grow my hair out since the last time I really chopped it off, which was May 2006:


It all started with me wanting to have long NATURAL hair for my wedding day....which at the time was no where in site (just because we weren't engaged yet.)  Since then, it's turned into some kind of obsession with trying to get it as long as possible.  I feel like it is stuck....protesting that it doesn't want to be any longer. 


May 2007: 
Trey kinda hates it when I put too much dark in my hair.  The man doesn't care if I cut it off just as long as it's blonde.


April 2008:
At, yet another wedding but this time for a family member.


January 2009:
The ONLY time that I have ever had full dark(er) hair.  I loved it at first but then discovered that it was just too much to keep up with.  Plus, the Husband really hated it.  It was however the first time in my life that my eyebrows matched my hair color.


June 2009:
Our engagement photos.  I had a wild "hair" and decided to add some pink and purple to the mix.  


November 2009:
As you can see, late in the year I went the total opposite and went way blonde, which would stay til after our wedding.


April 2011:
I decided to try some bangs....man, they just got on my nerves!

Which brings us to now, January 2012! 


My goal is for it to be as long as SJP's in the last photo!  I hope you guys have a great rest of your week!

Wedding Hair Style Length photo 11
        
HAPPY HUMP DAY!
Peace, Happiness & Love 3 Boutique!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment