Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Inspire Me Wednesdays: {House Decor}

Okay, so I am slowly trying to redecorate our place with stuff that will fit into our house that we will buy within the next two years.  It's not that I hate most of the stuff that we currently have, it's more like, it was stuff thrown together from both of our "first places" and never really felt like it "fit".  We started our project almost two years ago when we decided not to go "BIG" for each other individually, but instead to get one "BIG" gift that benefited the both of us.  We did this by getting ourselves a new bed (frame), basically we didn't have a bed frame before.  It's not the bed that we'll have forever [it'll wind up being a guest room bed] because it's only a full size and we eventually want a king, once we have a bigger place.  Our room is WAY too small for anything larger than what we already have.  You can see what I've done so far with our bedroom so far HERE.

So what we're thinking of doing as a "BIG" gift for the both of us this year is some new living room furniture.  I am IN LOVE with tufted couches!  I feel like my style is something that maybe a lot of people shy away from because I love bright colors and crazy eclectic stuff.  So my post today is my inspiration for what I would like to do with our space!  

Enjoy!















I'm sorry if a few of them are blurry.  I think one of the things that makes me MOST happy is that my wonderful husband doesn't mind bright colors!  I feel like too many people "play it safe" by only doing browns and tans.  I want people to walk into our place and go "Wow!  That's bold!"

So tell me, what inspires you?

4 comments:

  1. The 5th image from the bottom up really struck my interest. It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that one! I absolutely love greys and the pops of bright colors just lure me in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love all these images....oh, for the money to revamp my house like one of these pictures! =)
    Kristina J.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The top one's picture on the wall caught my eye for some reason...must be the frame color.

    ReplyDelete