Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Two best friends walk into a Hobby Lobby...

So, since this is my last week that I have some "off time", I decided to get as much stuff done as I possibly could...including spending time with my bestie, who I don't get to see too often.   We have been best friends since the 5th grade.


She, bless her heart, hasn't a creative bone in her body...or so she thinks.  So, this week we are having two DIY days!  YAY!!!!  This excites me so much, especially after the insane DIY mood that I've been in lately.  Shannon, just moved to a new place and wants help decorating it.  So, since I have been making new pillows for our living room (to be revealed later after everything is finished...)  she came out to see me to maybe do some pillows for herself.  Well, our time today was limited because she has her "Bachelorette Watching Party" on Monday nights and this week it was at her place.  

So in the 3 hours we spent together today we managed to come up with some great ideas for Wednesday's DIY day (of course I'll take photos!).  Today, since I have a sewing machine and she doesn't and I don't want to tote it around...we sewed her a cute throw pillow for her bed.  We just used burlap and cotton.  I sewed a layer of the cotton behind the burlap to keep any stuffing from escaping and then sewed on ruffles.  To me, it totally looks like something from Anthropologie, which would probably cost you an arm and a leg if you bought it from there.  Instead we spent:
 $12.57

Much cheaper than even most solid throw pillows.  



The final product of our time spent together.  (I know that the bottom photo is kinda fuzzy, sorry it was taken with a phone.)
So the next time that you're going to redecorate and want to add in some cute pillows, think about making them yourself or calling up a friend who knows how to even if you don't.

Happy DIY week!

No comments:

Post a Comment