Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My Mailbox!

I absolutely LOVE adding new fun stuff to our decor!  Finding weird or odd things that most people wouldn't even think about adding to their living room, kitchen...etc gives me a total creative high!  

The Story of the Mailbox

So a few years ago when I was up in Iowa visiting for my youngest sister's high school graduation, I saw this mailbox and thought it was pretty cute.  Now, this was when I was in my "Shabby Chic" phase that I went through. {Don't get me wrong...I love shabby chic, but I just feel like colors are more for me.}  Anyways, it was cute to me because of how simple it was.  Lucky for me it was at my Grandparents house and they had plans to get a new one.  So, I asked if when they did if they would mind sending me their old one?  Well like I said, that was over two years ago and I was beginning to lose hope, when out of the blue I got a Facebook comment from my Mawmaw [Grandma is just what normal people call grandparents ;)  Oh and that's right, I said Facebook].  She had just sent me my mailbox!  I was super stoked and couldn't wait for it to get here!  Seriously, I couldn't wait...I kept checking the mail and even when it finally did arrive and I was able to check the mail [for my mailbox ;)] our frickin' apartment office was closed already and was even closed the next day...ugh!  

This is what it looked like when I got it

Sorry about the painter's tape.  I was already finished covering the plate when I realized that I hadn't taken a photo of it yet.... :(

This is the finished product up on the wall

I am SO happy with the outcome...I'm going to put some silk daisies in it I think.  I'll post a photo once I have it done.  

What random stuff do you have around your house?

No comments:

Post a Comment