Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My absolute FAVORITE thing to do!

Let me just say that I don't know what I would do without music in my life.  I am a GIANT fan of musical theatre and if you've read my profile you know that a LOT of my Itunes is Broadway musicals.  My aunt has tried to get me to watch GLEE for some time now and I was always too busy or just forgot to set the DVR.  Well, I started watching about a month ago (one week shy of when one of my musical idols Idina Menzel was on it, although I am happy to report that she will be on the show again!).  I am in LOVE with this show!  Tonight's episode was titled "Laryngitis" and Rachel goes a little crazy thinking that she is going to lose her singing voice for good.  And as cheesy as this sounds, it reminded me of myself.  I have bad tonsils and I've been told several times (from doctors of course) that I need to have them taken out.  This scares me, not because of the surgery but because it could affect my singing voice and even though I may not ever be a famous singer or anything...I just don't know what I would do if I never sounded good again.  I honestly think that it would put me into a depression or something.  To quote Rachel Berry, "Don't you get it?  I am my voice!  I'm like Tinkerbell, Finn.  I need applause to live!"
So...if you've never watched this show and you love musical theatre just as much as I do...CHECK IT OUT HERE!!!  You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment