Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Updated Folding Chair

I realized the other day that I haven't posted in a while and it made me sad.  I've been so ridiculously crazy at work and just haven't had a chance to do anything it feels like.  So on my first real day off in a while I decided to work on some DIY projects.  I won't post them all today but just so you know, they're on their way.  

So to start off with, I needed a little change as far as seating goes in our home.  We have a few folding chairs that are a little bit boring and anyone who knows me knows how much I hate boring.  I decided to spruce up one of them (the others are IKEA JEFF folding chairs, and you can't really do anything with them).  If you find a way to spruce them up, please let me know...right now they're just hanging on a wall in my apartment.  Back on track now, this is what the chair looked like to begin with.


See what I mean? Boring.  So I unscrewed the padded bottom and back of the chair.  I didn't need to replace the padding or anything because the chair is in great shape.  I didn't even take off the fabric, I just wanted to make the transition as easy as possible.


So this is what it looked like without any of the padded areas.  I took it outside and primed it and then spray painted.  While it was drying, I was inside recovering the padded areas.  FYI, the padded piece to the back of the chair is curved so it was a little harder to recover.  Just press down and staple away.


This is the final outcome.  It was easy and only took about an hour and a half to complete.  Doesn't it look much better than it did before?  

What did you DIY that you would like to share?

Peace, Happiness & Love 3 Boutique!

No comments:

Post a Comment